Why Conjugations of Brijati - To Shave
While I was watching RTS1 today I saw a very interesting and insightful story about a very old "brica", a barber who works in "berbernica". I looked it up on Youtube, but couldn't find it on RTS1 Channel. However, there was a similar story which can be turned in another interesting lesson at an upper-intermediate or advanced level.
How to use this video and introduce relevant verb conjugations?
- As usual, it's always great to elicit the vocabulary based on watching the video, without the audio:
- BRICA - barber
- BRIJATI Present (brijem / brijes/ brije // brijemo / brijete/ briju) -to shave (impf)
- BRIJATI Past (brijao / brijala / brijalo // brijali/ brijale/ brijala) - shaved (past)
- BRIJANJE - shaving
- OBRIJAN - shaved
- OBRIJATI - to shave (perf)
- IZBRIJATI/IZBRIJVATI/IZBRIJAVANJE - to clean shave
- Collocations: brijati + bradu/glavu, savladati brijanje, brijanje glave/brade, ucenje brijanja, vezbanje brijanja, oblikovanje brade
- Now, let's watch the video with audio this time and simply encircle the words, conjugations and collocations as you hear them.
- The last step is vocabulary practice, which is soon to be uploaded onto Serbian School website with videos and exercises.