Watch the first part of "Poletarac" and you'll see why it can come in handy when learning Serbian:
1. Part one about swimming (plivanje) and knowing (znanje) from the beginning to minute 3:00
- plivati = to swim
- znati = to know, can (I can swim = Znam da plivam)
- ko zna da pliva = who knows to / can swim ?
- osim = except
- žaba = frog
- imati = to have
- da li žaba ima zube ? = does a frog have teeth ?
- ne znam = I don't know
2. Part two about telling the time (koliko je sati) and numbers (from 3:00-4:00)
- koliko je sati ? = what's the time ?
- sada je tačno jedan sat = it's one o'clock sharp
- jedan i dva SU tri = one and two are three
- ovo je jedna žaba = this is a frog
- ovo su dve žabe = these are two frogs
- lopta je okrugla = the ball is round
- Zemlja je okrugla = the Earth is round
3. Part three about APPLES (from 5:30)
- jabuka = an apple
- koliko imate jabuka = how many apples do you have ?
- imam tri jabuke = I have three apples
- ljuštiti = to peal
4. Part four about UP and DOWN (from 6.30)
- sad = now
- gore = up
- dole = down
- sad sam dole = now I'm down
- sad sam gore = now I'm up
- visoko = high
- nisko = low
5: Part five with the short answers (from 8:00)
- Da li imam zube = Do I have teeth ?
- Imam = I do
- imati = to have
- Da li sam zelen kao žaba ? = Am I green like a frog ?
- Nisam = I'm not
- skakati = to jump
- Da li skačem kao žaba ? = Do I jump like a frog ?
6: Part six - thanking and greetings
- hvala = thank you
- doviđenja = goodbye
- hvala Vam najlepše = many thanks
- drago mi je = I'm glad
7. Part seven (from 10:50) about bees and numbers
- ovo je ... = this is...
- pčela = bee
- hive = košnica
- fabrika = factory
- roj (pčela) = swarm
- med = honey
- ko bude jeo..., biće ... = the one who eats..., he'll be...